fbpx

Main Content

Senate Bill 91 – Housing Eviction Moratorium Extension and Rental Assistance Program

Eviction Moratorium Extended

•The eviction moratorium is extended through June 30, 2021.
•Landlords cannot initiate eviction proceedings for non-payment of rent if the tenant: (1) completes a hardship declaration; and (2) pays 25% of the missed rent for the period of September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 on or before June 30, 2021.

Rental Assistance Program Created

•Landlords can opt-in to receive 80% of a qualifying tenant’s back rent from April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021. In exchange, landlords must waive the remaining 20%. To qualify, the tenant must have income below 80% of the area median income.

Click Here to download the legal update bulletin

Contact Us today for more information or to evaluate your options!

Skip to content